2022 MHSC Softball Tournament Team tryouts will be held Thursday, July 29th and Sunday, August 1st.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Registration deadline is Wednesday, July 28th at 5:00pm.
7/29 tryout times:
U12 & U14 530-615pm
There is no cost to tryout. There will be an initial deposit between $200-$250 per player to cover costs of equipment, indoor space rentals, and tournament registration fees. There could be additional costs next spring/summer depending on the number of tournaments each team signs up for. This initial deposit will be required for your daughter to accept your team invite.
- 10U – Players born on/after Jan 1, 2011
- 12U – Players born on/after Jan 1, 2009
- 14U – Players born on/after Jan 1, 2007
1. Sign up for ONE tryout date, not both.
2. Parents are NOT ALLOWED to be at the tryout coaching/helping their daughter from station to station. Parents need to stay in the parking lot area after they check in their daughter.
3. Depending on the total number of participants within each age group, times may change slightly to accommodate.
4. If your daughter is age eligible to play up/down and you are unsure which team to tryout for, please sign-up for the older age level’s tryout time. 5. Once teams and coaches are finalized at each level an email will be sent out to the parents to accept or decline their team offer.
What should the players expect?
Hitting: players will get 10-12 swings in the cage off of a pitcher and will need to show they have the ability to bunt.
Pitchers: 15-20 pitches in the pitching lanes
Defense: 5-10 ground balls hit to them with throws to all bases, 3-5 fly balls hit to them in the outfield and making throws to bases.
Speed – player will hit the ball off the tee at home plate and get a 1st base sprint time from bat/ball contact to foot contact on 1st base.