Believe it our not, it’s registration time for the 2020 Youth Mount Horeb Softball Season! If we have a similar number of participants as last year, we anticipate the following team breakdown:
- U10 Teams A & B: More experienced/skilled players evenly split on two teams, both registered in the South Central League
- U10 Teams C & D: Less experienced/skilled players either on one team or evenly split on two teams if numbers allow, registered in the Greater Dane Recreational League
- U12 Teams A & B: Evenly split teams, both registered in the South Central League
- U14: one team registered in the South Central League
*Age divisions are determined based on age as of 12/31/2019, i,e. 10 years or younger as of 12/31/2019 will be in U10 division. This is a policy of the Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA) that the Wisconsin South Central Softball League follows. Players may be permitted to play up a division if participant numbers and skill level allow, but cannot play down.
Fees are as follows:
- Player registration for all ages / divisions = $110
- Jerseys = $20
An informational meeting for parents will be held on Tuesday, February 18th at 6:00 PM in the Middle School Step Room. Parents of players ages 7-14 as of the end of 2019 (2nd through 9th grade) in the Mount Horeb school district wanting to participate should attend.
Two other important upcoming events – please have your daughter bring tennis shoes, glove, helmet, fielding mask, and bat:
- Youth Softball Clinic with High School Softball Players will be held on Sunday, March 1st from 4:00 to 8:00 PM in the High School Auxiliary Gym. Age/Division time duration TBD once we have a count on all registrations.
- Youth Softball Skill Evaluation will be held on Sunday, March 8th from 4:00 to 8:00 PM in the High School Auxiliary Gym. Age/Division time duration TBD once we have a count on all registrations.
Independent Evaluators will be present to observe and evaluate player’s softball skills, which will be used to assist with determining team rosters.
A few important items to note:
- Volunteer opportunities through the VIP Program will be available to help out with running the youth season. Parents can pay a fee ($100 per player, $200 max per family) in lieu of volunteering, but our hopes are that the volunteering opportunities get filled. Different from last year, you are able to opt out of the VIP Program and pay the fee up front in TeamSnap in place of volunteering. Refunds will not be given for those who opt out. For more information, see the attachment to the registration email, or visit www.mohosoftballclub.com/volunteer. If you are not opting out, please mail your check to MHSC, PO Box 215, Mount Horeb, WI 53572. Players are NOT registered until payment for VIP has been made / received.
- Sample jerseys are available at MarkIt (1260 Springdale St, Mt Horeb) if your player would like to try them on. They tend to run small, so we strongly encourage stopping in at MarkIt before entering a size on the registration form. Cost for re-orders will be the responsibility of the players/parents.
- There is an option on the registration form to order two jerseys in case you’d like an extra on hand.
- U14 players should NOT order a jersey on the registration form. The coaches will coordinate with the team on creating their own unique jersey design and order separately at a later date.
- Come out for dinner and drinks on Monday, February 24th to the Walk-On Bar & Grill and help support the Mount Horeb Softball Club, as 15% of all sales from 5-10 PM will generously be donated to the Softball Club! The Walk-On Bar & Grill is located at 120 East Main Street in Mount Horeb.
- Mount Horeb Softball apparel will be available for purchase in February or March – we will send a separate email when ordering is available.
Please contact either of the Mount Horeb Softball Club coordinators with any questions/concerns:
- Barry Larson: email@example.com
- Kelly Hurda: firstname.lastname@example.org