Registration for the 2019 season has been closed. If you / your daughter is interested in playing please contact Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This season, teams will be formed based on experience / skill level. If we have a similar number of participants as last year, we anticipate the following:
- U10 Team A: More experienced/skilled players registered in the South Central League
- U10 Teams B & C: Less experienced/skilled players evenly split on two teams, both registered in the Greater Dane Recreational League
- U12 Team A: More experienced/skilled players registered in the South Central League
- U12 Team B: Less experienced/skilled players registered in the Greater Dane Recreational League
- U14: one team registered in the South Central League
*Age divisions are determined based on age as of 12/31/2018, i,e. 10 years or younger as of 12/31/2018 will be in U10 division. This is a policy of the Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA) that the Wisconsin South Central Softball League follows.
Fees are as follows:
- U10 & U12 = $100 + $20 if jersey is needed
- U14 = $120 (includes new jersey/shirt)
An informational meeting for parents will be held on Tuesday, February 19th at 6:00PM in the Middle School Step Room.
Youth Softball Clinic with High School Softball Players will be held on Sunday, March 3rd from 4:00 to 7:00PM in the High School Auxiliary Gym.
- 4:00 to 5:30PM = U10 Girls (2nd-4th grades)
- 5:30 to 7:00PM = U12 & U14 Girls (5th-8th grades)
Youth Softball Skill Evaluation will be held on Sunday, March 10th from 4:00 to 7:00PM in the High School Auxiliary Gym. Independent Evaluators will be present to observe and evaluate player’s softball skills, which will be used to determine team rosters.
- 4:00 to 5:00PM = U10 Girls (2nd, 3rd, 4th grades)
- 5:00 to 6:00PM = U12 Girls (5th & 6th grades)
- 6:00 to 7:00PM = U14 Girls (7th & 8th grades)
This year MHSC is implementing a Volunteer In Progress program (VIP). Volunteer opportunities will be available to help out with running the youth season. Parents can pay a fee ($60 per player, $120 max per family) in lieu of volunteering, but our hopes are that the volunteering opportunities get filled. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Please contact either of the Mount Horeb Softball Club coordinators with any questions/concerns:
- Eric Swiggum, 608-843-3335, email@example.com
- Barry Larson, 608-732-0696, firstname.lastname@example.org