It is never too early to start thinking about the snow melting, warm weather and softball season!! It’s registration time for the 2022 Mount Horeb Vikings Youth Softball Season!
Registration will be open through March 12th. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER VIA TEAMSNAP.
Player registration for all ages / divisions = $115
An informational meeting for parents will be held on two nights:
- March 1st at 7:00 p.m. at the Middle School Step Room: PARENTS OF U10 and all first year players at any level. We will be covering all aspects of the softball club and answering all parent questions regarding equipment, expectations, and timelines for games and practices. To keep numbers down, we ask that parents only attend this meeting.
- March 8th at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom Call for U12 & U14 parents and players. Zoom call information will be emailed out at a later date.
Parents of players ages 7-14 as of the end of 2021 (2nd through 9th grade) in the Mount Horeb school district wanting to participate should attend their designated night. If we have a similar number of participants as last year, we anticipate the following breakdown at each level: U10 – 4 x teams U12 – 3 x teams U14 – 2 x teams.
At last August’s tryouts we had a terrific turnout and we were able to form two teams at each level of U10, U12 and U14. The first week of August we will be having 2023 tryouts for all three levels.
Our teams will play in the South Central League and Greater Dane League. More details on league play once we get closer to Spring.
Age divisions are determined based on age as of 12/31/2021, i,e. 10 years or younger as of 12/31/2021 will be in the U10 division. This is a policy of the Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA) that the Wisconsin South Central Softball League follows. Players may be permitted to play up a division if participant numbers and skill level allow, but cannot play down.
This will take place on Sunday March 13th between 3p-7p ONLY for girls who are not placed on a team from the August 2021 tryouts. Age group time slots will be sent out 1-2 weeks prior to March 13th. This will assist the softball board with forming teams that are skill appropriate for your daughter.
JERSEYS / APPAREL
For U10 & U12 players, the jerseys are the same as 2021 so if your jersey fits and is in good condition, no need to order a new jersey in 2022. Sample jerseys are available at MarkIt (1260 Springdale St, Mt Horeb) if your player would like to try them on. They tend to run small, so we strongly encourage you to stop in at MarkIt before entering a size on the registration form. Cost for re-orders will be the responsibility of the players/parents. There is an option on the registration form to order two jerseys in case you’d like an extra on hand.
U14 players should NOT order a jersey on the registration form. The coaches will coordinate with the team on creating their own unique jersey design and order separately at a later date. Mount Horeb Softball apparel will be available for purchase in April, we will send a separate email when ordering is available.
Volunteer In Progress (VIP) PROGRAM will be utilized again this year to run the youth season and staff the Troll Tourney on June 25 and 26 in Mount Horeb.
- Parents who are interested in volunteering, please mail a check to MHSC, PO Box 215, Mount Horeb, WI 53572 for $100 per player, $200 max per family. At the end of the season, if you have fulfilled your volunteer requirements your check will be voided.
- Parents who prefer to opt out of volunteering, can make their payment ($100 per player, $200 max per family) up front in TeamSnap. Refunds will not be given for those who opt out at time of registration.
- For more information, visit http://www.mohosoftballclub.com/volunteer. Players are NOT registered until payment for the VIP Program has been made / received.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our youth coordinators at:
Jeff Mester: firstname.lastname@example.org or 480.639.8638
Mandy McWilliams: email@example.com