CLICK HERE for information on winter / spring softball camps through the Verona Area Girls Softball Association put on by Kelly Keyes at a very affordable rate.
Lauren Chamberlain is headed to Reedsburg High School on March 7th and 8th for a Power Hitting Clinic open to ages 8-18. The camp will be led by NCAA All-Time Career Home Run record holder and 2013 NCAA World Series Champion, Lauren Chamberlain and the Reedsburg High School coaching staff.
Happy New Year! The Mount Horeb Softball Club has had many successes and firsts this past year that we wanted to share. Following is a list of just a few things we have accomplished in no particular order:
- Seven youth teams played this summer – up one team from 2018!
- Two youth fall ball teams
- Two Tournament Teams: U10 and U12
- New varsity head coach Jeramie Holman!
- Began a pitching incentive program – K-Club
- Varsity and JV High School Team (there was not enough players for a JV team the previous year)
- High school teams had three event nights: Youth, parents/grandparents, and senior night
- First year of our youth volunteer program (VIP) – 76% of the families met the volunteer requirements – what a great participation by our families!!
- Successful calendar raffle fundraiser by our high school and youth players
- Volunteered at football concession stand as well as cotton candy and snow cone sales at the Homecoming game
- Cotton candy and snow cone stand at Norsk Anniversary summer event
- Had an expanded offering at concession stand – walking tacos and nachos
- Upgraded concession stand: replaced microwave, bought new table, and added new accessories/utensils.
- New sidewalk – MHASD paid for this – we are now ADA accessible to both fields!
- New backstop fencing and bracing at Field #1 (American Fence)
- New concrete and field gates at Field #2 (Finks Paving and American Fence)
- New Storage Shed (Finks Paving, Hellenbrand Custom Construction, Brings Building & Jet Crete, R&R Doors, and Dave Jones, Inc.)
- Softball Club was on TV – TV-W aired a short clip about our club
- Had an awesome float in the Frolic parade and large group of youth handed out merchandise
- Continued our Chamber of Commerce membership
- Received a generous grant from Mt Horeb Rotary
- 2019 Revenue: $38,162 / 2019 Expenditures: $37,630
A huge thank you to all of sponsors, volunteers, committee members, and board members who make everything possible. In addition to celebrating these tangible achievements, we will never forget to celebrate the individual accomplishments and firsts of our youth – that first hit, the first home run, the first inning pitched, and for some the first practice and the first game.
Thank you to all who have made this past year a success, and may we never lose sight of these personal accomplishments. We are proud of all our youth players!! Here’s to an amazing 2020. Go Mount Horeb Softball Nation!!
Thank you to those who braved the cold to attend our annual meeting last week. As part of this meeting we elected three members to officer roles. This year Eric Swiggum has been re-elected to the Vice President role. Doug Fischer is our new treasurer and Jeff Mester has stepped into the Advisor #2 position. We thank Eric for his continued involvement at all levels and welcome our two new officers. We look forward to working with them to continue to build the softball program. We would also like to thank Holly Kellesvig for her outstanding work as the outgoing club treasurer. She is stepping off the board after completing her two-term limit in this role. Holly is a founding member of our club as well as a generous corporate sponsor. Also, a big thank you to Barry Larson, who is stepping back from the board to allow him to focus more time on his critical Youth Coordinator role within the Club. If you have or had a daughter in the youth program in the last several years you know the amount of time Barry puts in to making everything run smoothly. Thanks to all of you for your past and future contributions!!!
From empty concrete slab to framed shed in 6 hours!! A huge thank you to DEREK DAHLK, Finks Paving, Concrete and Excavating for once again stepping up to provide his skills and resources to pour the concrete slab and to BRAD HELLENBRAND, Hellenbrand Custom Construction for providing the expertise, labor and tools to frame our new shed. Also thank you to all of our volunteers who gave their time to make this happen! Next up: steel siding and roofing to be installed – stay tuned!!
Thank you to everyone who worked hard at the football concessions for the Viking Homecoming game! Special thanks to those who worked double shifts – that did not go unnoticed!! Finally a huge thank you to Jon and Wendy Steinhauer for providing their equipment and expertise to make cotton candy and snow cones. This stand alone made $1,000 for the softball club. In addition to our payment from the school to run the main concession stand, those working the windows brought in over $50 in tips – way to work it!!! The Softball Club hit another homerun on Friday night!!
Please, join us on Monday September 16, 2019, 7 PM at Culvers for our September Softball Club meeting. There are lots of great field improvement projects occurring right now as well as two teams playing fall ball – stop by and learn more. Click here for the agenda.
Thanks to a cooperative effort of the MHASD and the MH Softball Club, new concrete sidewalks were added at both the Varsity and JV fields this past week. Thank you to the numerous volunteer landscapers and the MH School District for investing in the softball complex.