|Hello Softball Families,
Based on discussions with other local organizations and some internal research, the Softball Club is looking to determine how to move ahead with our seaseon per the guidelines laid out by Forward Dane Sports Guidance, Phase 1 PDF (https://publichealthmdc.com/documents/sports_phase1.pdf).
MEEETING DATE: Thursday, June 4
LOCATION: Zoom Meeting (web address directly below)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 732 0806 3598
ACCOMMODATIONS: Voting will occur via the CHAT feature at the bottom of the Zoom window, so if possible, please login using a computer. If you need to access the meeting on your phone and the CHAT option is not available, we will allow email voting as long as you verbally state this during the call. E-mail voting will be completed privately to one of the Board members as designated on the call.
This special meeting will be held for the specific purpose of discussing and voting on two items:
- Shall practices commence for all the youth teams of the Mount Horeb Softball Club?
- Shall the U10 and U12 Tournament teams travel outside of Dane County to play in games while Dane County is restricting game play within our county?
Following our Club bylaws, we are providing a minimum of 3 business days’ notice from the posting of this information on the Club website for this special meeting to occur. These will be the only topics discussed. If you should have other questions or concerns on non-related topics, please contact Kurt by phone or email as listed at the bottom of this email.
A reminder to all receiving this invite, only those individuals who have paid their membership dues and who are in good-standing with the Club per our bylaws will be allowed to vote (https://mohosoftballclub.com/membership/). Our post office box will be checked at 4PM the day of the meeting for payments. You may also make arrangements with Kurt (firstname.lastname@example.org) to drop payments off at my house directly. If your membership payment is received after this date/time you will not be able to vote on these topics but will certainly be able to vote on upcoming decisions.
If it is decided to move forward with practices, the Club Board Members in combination with the Youth Coordinators will be establishing practice guidelines for all players, coaches, and parents to follow. In addition, a waiver form will need to be acknowledged before players can practice.
Based on the survey results from several weeks ago, there is an overwhelming desire for the players to get back on the field. This however is not an easy decision for everyone and we as a Board are understanding of this. This topic is certainly a polarizing one, but regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, we ask for polite and meaningful discussion at this meeting and in all the phases moving forward.
Some of you may feel we are too conservative with the guidelines that will be set forth if practices occur. Please, know that these guidelines will be in enforced until players and parents are otherwise advised. In the same regard, there will certainly be some who feel we have not gone far enough. If you feel this is not the right course of action for your family your registration fee will be refunded no questions asked. Regardless of where you fall on this topic, we ask that you refrain from commenting to the coaches and suggest you avoid discussing your concerns in front of your players as we want them focused on practicing and not politics. If you would like to have a conversation about what is or will be occurring, please contact one of Board members directly and your comments will be taken under consideration. (https://mohosoftballclub.com/board-members/)
Just as the rules, suggestions, and plans provided by our governmental bodies and advisory boards have been fluid, so likely will be the Clubs approach as things move forward. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented times.
The Mount Horeb Softball Club Board