Order today! Store closes March 18th at Noon!
CLICK HERE for information on winter / spring softball camps through the Verona Area Girls Softball Association put on by Kelly Keyes at a very affordable rate.
Lauren Chamberlain is headed to Reedsburg High School on March 7th and 8th for a Power Hitting Clinic open to ages 8-18. The camp will be led by NCAA All-Time Career Home Run record holder and 2013 NCAA World Series Champion, Lauren Chamberlain and the Reedsburg High School coaching staff.
Happy New Year! The Mount Horeb Softball Club has had many successes and firsts this past year that we wanted to share. Following is a list of just a few things we have accomplished in no particular order:
- Seven youth teams played this summer – up one team from 2018!
- Two youth fall ball teams
- Two Tournament Teams: U10 and U12
- New varsity head coach Jeramie Holman!
- Began a pitching incentive program – K-Club
- Varsity and JV High School Team (there was not enough players for a JV team the previous year)
- High school teams had three event nights: Youth, parents/grandparents, and senior night
- First year of our youth volunteer program (VIP) – 76% of the families met the volunteer requirements – what a great participation by our families!!
- Successful calendar raffle fundraiser by our high school and youth players
- Volunteered at football concession stand as well as cotton candy and snow cone sales at the Homecoming game
- Cotton candy and snow cone stand at Norsk Anniversary summer event
- Had an expanded offering at concession stand – walking tacos and nachos
- Upgraded concession stand: replaced microwave, bought new table, and added new accessories/utensils.
- New sidewalk – MHASD paid for this – we are now ADA accessible to both fields!
- New backstop fencing and bracing at Field #1 (American Fence)
- New concrete and field gates at Field #2 (Finks Paving and American Fence)
- New Storage Shed (Finks Paving, Hellenbrand Custom Construction, Brings Building & Jet Crete, R&R Doors, and Dave Jones, Inc.)
- Softball Club was on TV – TV-W aired a short clip about our club
- Had an awesome float in the Frolic parade and large group of youth handed out merchandise
- Continued our Chamber of Commerce membership
- Received a generous grant from Mt Horeb Rotary
- 2019 Revenue: $38,162 / 2019 Expenditures: $37,630
A huge thank you to all of sponsors, volunteers, committee members, and board members who make everything possible. In addition to celebrating these tangible achievements, we will never forget to celebrate the individual accomplishments and firsts of our youth – that first hit, the first home run, the first inning pitched, and for some the first practice and the first game.
Thank you to all who have made this past year a success, and may we never lose sight of these personal accomplishments. We are proud of all our youth players!! Here’s to an amazing 2020. Go Mount Horeb Softball Nation!!
From empty concrete slab to framed shed in 6 hours!! A huge thank you to DEREK DAHLK, Finks Paving, Concrete and Excavating for once again stepping up to provide his skills and resources to pour the concrete slab and to BRAD HELLENBRAND, Hellenbrand Custom Construction for providing the expertise, labor and tools to frame our new shed. Also thank you to all of our volunteers who gave their time to make this happen! Next up: steel siding and roofing to be installed – stay tuned!!
The Mount Horeb U12 Fastpitch Softball team recently completed a perfect season by defeating Milton 17-5 in the South Central League Championship at Firefighter’s Park in Middleton on July 30th. The team finished league play with a 10-0 record before defeating Poynette in the semifinals 15-3 in Mt Horeb. The team was an offensive juggernaut throughout the season regularly scoring 10+ runs. Dominant pitching supported by defense that improved throughout the season kept opponents at bay. The signature stamp of this team was the team first attitude of the players – supporting each other and working together.
Thanks to everyone who came out to support the Mount Horeb softball program!
The Mount Horeb Summer Frolic is just around the corner, and the Softball Club will be having a float in this year’s parade!
All are welcome to help decorate the float on Saturday from 10AM to noon at the Kraemer’s house (3160 Getz Road, Mt. Horeb) and/or join in the parade on Sunday.
The parade starts at noon, so please have your daughter to the parade start (along E. Lincoln Street on the north side of the Middle School) no later than 11:45 a.m. The parade ends on Parkway Drive by the Frolic grounds which is where the girls will be dropped off, so please make plans to meet up there.
If the girls can wear their red jerseys, or anything red / softball related, that would be great. Please text or email me at 608-239-8207 or email@example.com with any questions.
Here is a link to more info on the parade, including the route map: https://mthorebsummerfrolic.com/home-html/events/parade/
Jadyn Holman will be teaching a three day softball skills camp through the Mount Horeb Rec Department from June 18th to June 20th at Grundahl Park. The camp will focus on the fundamentals of softball: basic rules, throwing, catching, hitting, pitching, base running, and position play. Players will hone their skills in a non-competitive environment where the emphasis is on teamwork, fun, and proper mechanics. This program is for all skills levels. Rain Date will be 6/21 if needed.
- 8 / 9 year olds: 9:00 to 10:30 AM
- 10 / 11 year olds: 10:30 AM to noon
- 12 / 13 year olds: 1:00 to 2:30 PM
Sign up deadline is June 11th and is through the rec department’s website: https://apm.activecommunities.com/mhrd#
Price: $40.00 (Resident)
Late Fee: $5.00, beginning Jun 12, 2019