As we continue to wait and see what the pandemic means for our 2020 seasons, please take this opportunity to be involved in the process of evaluating our Mount Horeb park offerings. Below is a link to complete an on-line survey to assist our community leaders in maintaining and improving our recreational offerings.
As those of you who have been involved in the softball program over the past 3 years know, access to softball fields is very limited within the community. Although, we are fortunate to be able to have sole access to the two fields between the Middle School and the IC, these fields alone are not enough. With nine youth teams, two all-Mount Horeb tournament teams, two high school teams, and Sting tournament teams completing for practice and game time, we are literally bursting at the seams. In the last year some teams have had to move practices out of town due to competition for fields from not only within our program, but with the recreation department and youth baseball (who is also seeing a surge in participation).
The solution can come in several forms – new dedicated softball fields within the community and lighting at Field #1 (Varsity Field) allowing for the facility to used for double headers and later/additional practices. The Softball Club has worked tirelessly to make substantial improvements at our current facilities, but in order to keep up with the current pace of growth we are going to need a whole community effort.
TAKE THE SURVEY HERE:
Happy New Year! The Mount Horeb Softball Club has had many successes and firsts this past year that we wanted to share. Following is a list of just a few things we have accomplished in no particular order:
- Seven youth teams played this summer – up one team from 2018!
- Two youth fall ball teams
- Two Tournament Teams: U10 and U12
- New varsity head coach Jeramie Holman!
- Began a pitching incentive program – K-Club
- Varsity and JV High School Team (there was not enough players for a JV team the previous year)
- High school teams had three event nights: Youth, parents/grandparents, and senior night
- First year of our youth volunteer program (VIP) – 76% of the families met the volunteer requirements – what a great participation by our families!!
- Successful calendar raffle fundraiser by our high school and youth players
- Volunteered at football concession stand as well as cotton candy and snow cone sales at the Homecoming game
- Cotton candy and snow cone stand at Norsk Anniversary summer event
- Had an expanded offering at concession stand – walking tacos and nachos
- Upgraded concession stand: replaced microwave, bought new table, and added new accessories/utensils.
- New sidewalk – MHASD paid for this – we are now ADA accessible to both fields!
- New backstop fencing and bracing at Field #1 (American Fence)
- New concrete and field gates at Field #2 (Finks Paving and American Fence)
- New Storage Shed (Finks Paving, Hellenbrand Custom Construction, Brings Building & Jet Crete, R&R Doors, and Dave Jones, Inc.)
- Softball Club was on TV – TV-W aired a short clip about our club
- Had an awesome float in the Frolic parade and large group of youth handed out merchandise
- Continued our Chamber of Commerce membership
- Received a generous grant from Mt Horeb Rotary
- 2019 Revenue: $38,162 / 2019 Expenditures: $37,630
A huge thank you to all of sponsors, volunteers, committee members, and board members who make everything possible. In addition to celebrating these tangible achievements, we will never forget to celebrate the individual accomplishments and firsts of our youth – that first hit, the first home run, the first inning pitched, and for some the first practice and the first game.
Thank you to all who have made this past year a success, and may we never lose sight of these personal accomplishments. We are proud of all our youth players!! Here’s to an amazing 2020. Go Mount Horeb Softball Nation!!
From empty concrete slab to framed shed in 6 hours!! A huge thank you to DEREK DAHLK, Finks Paving, Concrete and Excavating for once again stepping up to provide his skills and resources to pour the concrete slab and to BRAD HELLENBRAND, Hellenbrand Custom Construction for providing the expertise, labor and tools to frame our new shed. Also thank you to all of our volunteers who gave their time to make this happen! Next up: steel siding and roofing to be installed – stay tuned!!
Thanks to a cooperative effort of the MHASD and the MH Softball Club, new concrete sidewalks were added at both the Varsity and JV fields this past week. Thank you to the numerous volunteer landscapers and the MH School District for investing in the softball complex.
A HUGE thank you to the Mount Horeb Rotary Club for presenting a very generous grant check to the Mount Horeb Softball Club to support our amazing youth teams. Great evening with a great group of people!!! Thank you Mount Horeb Rotary for all you do!!!