Happy New Year! The Mount Horeb Softball Club has had many successes and firsts this past year that we wanted to share. Following is a list of just a few things we have accomplished in no particular order:
- Seven youth teams played this summer – up one team from 2018!
- Two youth fall ball teams
- Two Tournament Teams: U10 and U12
- New varsity head coach Jeramie Holman!
- Began a pitching incentive program – K-Club
- Varsity and JV High School Team (there was not enough players for a JV team the previous year)
- High school teams had three event nights: Youth, parents/grandparents, and senior night
- First year of our youth volunteer program (VIP) – 76% of the families met the volunteer requirements – what a great participation by our families!!
- Successful calendar raffle fundraiser by our high school and youth players
- Volunteered at football concession stand as well as cotton candy and snow cone sales at the Homecoming game
- Cotton candy and snow cone stand at Norsk Anniversary summer event
- Had an expanded offering at concession stand – walking tacos and nachos
- Upgraded concession stand: replaced microwave, bought new table, and added new accessories/utensils.
- New sidewalk – MHASD paid for this – we are now ADA accessible to both fields!
- New backstop fencing and bracing at Field #1 (American Fence)
- New concrete and field gates at Field #2 (Finks Paving and American Fence)
- New Storage Shed (Finks Paving, Hellenbrand Custom Construction, Brings Building & Jet Crete, R&R Doors, and Dave Jones, Inc.)
- Softball Club was on TV – TV-W aired a short clip about our club
- Had an awesome float in the Frolic parade and large group of youth handed out merchandise
- Continued our Chamber of Commerce membership
- Received a generous grant from Mt Horeb Rotary
- 2019 Revenue: $38,162 / 2019 Expenditures: $37,630
A huge thank you to all of sponsors, volunteers, committee members, and board members who make everything possible. In addition to celebrating these tangible achievements, we will never forget to celebrate the individual accomplishments and firsts of our youth – that first hit, the first home run, the first inning pitched, and for some the first practice and the first game.
Thank you to all who have made this past year a success, and may we never lose sight of these personal accomplishments. We are proud of all our youth players!! Here’s to an amazing 2020. Go Mount Horeb Softball Nation!!
From empty concrete slab to framed shed in 6 hours!! A huge thank you to DEREK DAHLK, Finks Paving, Concrete and Excavating for once again stepping up to provide his skills and resources to pour the concrete slab and to BRAD HELLENBRAND, Hellenbrand Custom Construction for providing the expertise, labor and tools to frame our new shed. Also thank you to all of our volunteers who gave their time to make this happen! Next up: steel siding and roofing to be installed – stay tuned!!
Thanks to a cooperative effort of the MHASD and the MH Softball Club, new concrete sidewalks were added at both the Varsity and JV fields this past week. Thank you to the numerous volunteer landscapers and the MH School District for investing in the softball complex.
A HUGE thank you to the Mount Horeb Rotary Club for presenting a very generous grant check to the Mount Horeb Softball Club to support our amazing youth teams. Great evening with a great group of people!!! Thank you Mount Horeb Rotary for all you do!!!
Congratulations to our 2019 Mount Horeb Softball Club scholarship winners: Ashley Lange and Jadyn Holman. Both ladies are Captains this year, lettered for Varsity softball all four years, mentored youth players, participated in club activities, and exemplify the qualities that MHSC strives to develop through our mission statement.
Thank you to Brenda Monroe who presented the scholarships on Senior Awards Night.
The Mount Horeb Community Foundation is amazing!!! The Mt Horeb Softball Club appreciates their investment in us!! (Jadyn Holman accepting the check on behalf of MHSC). Thank you!!
Thanks to a cooperative effort between the Mount Horeb School District and the Mount Horeb Softball Club, a new drain tile was installed along the first base line of the varsity field. This improvement will help with wet conditions that the high school and youth teams have been struggling with in this area of the field.
A big thank you to Derek Dahlk, Finks Paving and Excavating, Ryan Clifton, and Wes Parks for their hard work!!! Don’t see anything different in the picture? That’s because these guys do such good work!!! (…and the photographer may have been a little tardy with snapping pictures 🙂 – trust us – it’s in there!
Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate the field achievements made this year to the softball facilities! This year, thanks to the support of the Mount Horeb community, major additions include new bleachers, a concrete pad, a sound system, batting and pitching cages, and resurfacing of the Varsity Field.
Additional improvements are in the works, but it’s always nice to take a step back and acknowledge what we’ve accomplished together.
Thank you to the Mount Horeb Rotary Club for their donation of $725.00 to support the equipment needs of the Mount Horeb Softball Club. Specifically, the money will be used to buy equipment for our growing youth program. Thank you Rotary – GREAT organization and GREAT group of people!!